Traffic Exchange

Jun 5, 2013

Antonio Banderas forbids plastic surgery

Antonio Banderas forbids plastic surgery

Antonio Banderas forbids plastic surgery

Antonio Banderas has revealed that he is against plastic surgery.

The 51-year-old actor, who has said that he prefers to act in Spanish-language films, stars in Spanish director Pedro Almodóvar's thriller The Skin I Live In. He plays a plastic surgeon whose tragic past leads him to develop a new skin.

When asked by The Telegraph if he ever had plastic surgery or was interested in it, Banderas responded: "No, I am against it for me. I think everybody can do what they want to do but I am starting to like grey hair and wrinkles and find them interesting.

"Sometimes I have wrinkles, in the morning. It depends on what kind of night that I had. I accept myself and the way that I am growing older. I have eye bags and some people have proposed to me to take them out but I said no."

Antonio about Melanie having more plastic surgery: "This lust for beauty is a terrible thing. I've forbidden her from ever going to a cosmetic surgeon again. It's something we have agreed to for the sake of our marriage."