Traffic Exchange

Aug 18, 2013

Robert Pattinson modelling career

Robert Pattinson modelling career. Robert Pattinson may be one of the lusted after men on the planet but the Twilight star has admitted that the main reason he started modelling when he was starting out was to get some girls!

Rob candily reveals in a new interview with GQ Germany: “I [modeled] to meet girls.”

The actor started posing for a living when he was just 12 but he adds that he wasn't that great at smouldering in front of the cameras: “I was simply still young,” Rob says about his modeling days. “I did it without a plan for a career of any form.”

These comments back up previous remarks made by the actor back in 2008 about his early career fails, which saw him blame his lack of work on his masculine appearance:

"When I first started I was quite tall and looked like a girl, so I got lots of jobs, because it was during that period where the androgynous look was cool. Then, I guess, I became too much of a guy, so I never got any more jobs. I had the most unsuccessful modelling career."

Rob doesn't have a problem landing big contracts now though, with the actor recently announced as the new face of Dior Hommes.

Meanwhile Twilight author Stephenie Meyer has been sharing her thoughts this week on the massive success of the film series which also starred Robert's now ex girlfriend Kristen Stewart. Asked if she feels sorry for the British actor, Meyer told Access Hollywood: "Oh, all the time!"

The author added that she is enjoying the break in attention for both herself and the film's satrs since the movie franchise came to an end with Breaking Dawn Part 2 last year: "I don't think anybody thought it was going to be like that. It's gone crazy," she said. "Hopefully it quiets down for them too."