Traffic Exchange

May 19, 2013

Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson Split For Now

Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson Split For Now

Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson's three-plus-year relationship hit a rough patch last summer, after incriminating photos surfaced of Stewart with her married "Snow White and the Huntsman" director, Rupert Sanders.

And though the pair were seen holding hands at Coachella just last month, new reports suggest that the "Twilight" co-stars are taking a break from their real-life romance.

A source tells People that they've called it quits, but says "it would not be surprising" if Pattinson, 27, and Stewart, 23, got back together again.

Us Weekly is also reporting the split, with Pattinson insiders claiming the couple had been "having problems" and "fighting a lot."

Friday, HollywoodLife reported that Pattinson bailed on his own 27th birthday bash, which Stewart had arranged.

Stewart and Pattinson had been famously coy about their relationship prior to Stewart's cheating scandal with Sanders in July 2012, which prompted her to release a heartfelt apology.

"I'm deeply sorry for the hurt and embarrassment I've caused to those close to me and everyone this has affected," she said in a statement to People at the time. "This momentary indiscretion has jeopardized the most important thing in my life, the person I love and respect the most, Rob. I love him, I love him, I'm so sorry."