Traffic Exchange

May 22, 2013

Brad Pitt slams marriage to Jennifer Aniston, gushes about life with Angelina

Brad Pitt has one word for his marriage to Jennifer Aniston: “pathetic.”

The “Fight Club” star landed the shocking verbal sucker punch on his long-suffering ex-spouse in an upcoming interview with Parade magazine.

Pitt, who was promoting his new flick, “Moneyball,” talked about how uninteresting his life was during his time with Aniston and how his new life with Angelina Jolie and their six kids is bliss.

“I spent the ’90s trying to hide out,” he told Parade, which is to be published in The Post this weekend.

“I started to get sick of myself sitting on a couch, holding a joint, hiding out. It started feeling pathetic,” he said.

 “It became very clear to me that I was so intent on trying to find a movie about an interesting life, but I wasn’t living an interesting life myself.

“I think my marriage [to Aniston] had something to do with it: trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn’t.”

Pitt, 47, was married to Aniston, the star of TV’s hit show “Friends” and widely acclaimed as America’s sweetheart, from 2000 to 2005. Read more