Traffic Exchange

Mar 6, 2013

Odom Falls Asleep

Odom Falls Asleep, New York-native and Los Angeles Clippers forward Lamar Odom fell asleep on a hard, not-so-comfortable courthouse bench today as lawyers hashed out his ongoing child custody case behind closed doors.

The 6-foot-10 hoopster’s legs dangled well over the short, second-floor wooden bench. His impromptu nap drew the attention of a Manhattan court officer.

"Excuse me, are you OK?” the officer asked Odom.

After the player said he was fine, the officer said: “I need you to sit up."

Odom complied but slumped over, resting his head on his hand.

The 14-year pro will have to get out of town tonight or early tomorrow, if he’s going to make it back to LA in time for the Clippers’ next game. They’re set to play the visiting Milwaukee Bucks at 10:30 p.m. EST tomorrow.

Odom and former long-time girlfriend Liza Morales are fighting over custody of their daughter Destiny, 14, and son Lamar Jr., 11.

Odom is now married to former “X Factor” host and reality TV figure Khloe Kardashian.

The couple dined last night at Catch restaurant at the same time as Khloe's former brother-in-law and family enemy Kris Humphries was chowing with friends, witnesses told The Post.

Morales is doing her own reality gig, on TLC s “Starter Wives,” even though she was never actually married to Odom.

Morales, in an open letter published today in The Daily Beast, said Odom’s whirlwind romance and marriage to Kardashian hit her like a ton of bricks.

“I don’t think I’ll forget the tight knot I felt in the pit of my stomach the morning I received the text message with three simple words on the screen. It read 'I’m getting married’ and it was from the man I’d spent more than 10 years of my life with,” she said.

“Years that included us getting engaged in 2000 and becoming parents to one daughter and two sons. Yet not long after our separation Lamar Odom was getting married to Khloe Kardashian, a woman he’d met four weeks before.”

She added: “How could the man who’d constantly given me reason after reason for why we couldn’t get married just yet now be ready to tie the knot so quickly? There aren’t words to explain how I felt that day.”

Now, Morales penned, hostilities with Odom are so tense, she only talks to the father of her children through third parties.

“We kept things cordial for the children’s sake after the breakup, but that changed when he married Khloe,” she said.

“Now we only communicate through third parties and lawyers, which I regret deeply since it is exactly what we each experienced as children and said we wouldn’t do to our kids.

Odom’s baby mamma said she has no beefs with Kardashian and even had one pleasant meeting with her.

Morales said she fights a losing battle to keep her kids blinded to the Kardashians’ relentless hype machine.

“As I continue to move on with my life, it can be difficult to avoid hearing about the Kardashians day in and day out,” she said.

“But I do what I can to ignore the constant chatter and I try to keep it from the kids as well so they can have a life that is as normal as possible.”

Morales and Odom met as students at Christ The King HS in Queens, and the romance ruined the baby mama’s relationship with her dad, she said. So now she doesn’t have Odom or her dad in her life.

“I did have a very close relationship with my father, whom I loved dearly and consider my hero. He worked very hard to make sure I could attend Catholic school and have everything I needed,” she said.

“But when I started dating Lamar that all changed. My father is Puerto Rican and he didn’t approve of me dating a black man.”