Traffic Exchange

Aug 22, 2012

Josh Booth Breaking Into Own Home

Stupid Criminals: Josh Booth Breaking Into Own Home

Josh Booth, 21, Olympic rower from Australia, has been ordered to return to his home after breaking into two separate stores in London, thinking each one was his home.

It goes without saying that Josh was drunk at the time of the incident, but police in London decided not to charge him with the crime.

Josh has agreed to compensate the shopkeepers for the damage that he left in their buildings as a result of his drunken error in judgment. He ordered to pay $2200 in damages and make personal apologies to shop owners after smashing windows in Egham.

The Australian Olympic committee is assessing the case for possible disciplinary action to be given in the future.

Josh Booth Last-Place Finish in the final of the men's eight at Eton Dorney, west of London.

"I'm deeply ashamed of my actions on Wednesday night, they do not in any way reflect the type of values I hold, the type of person I am and the person I aspire to be," the Melbourne university student read from a prepared statement.

"My behaviour was uncharacteristic but nonetheless I fully accept the reprimands of the Australian Olympic Committee and I'll regret my behaviour for many years to come."