Traffic Exchange

Mar 22, 2014

Giuliana Rancic says Russell Crowe was her most awkward interviewee ever

Giuliana Rancic says Russell Crowe was her most awkward interviewee ever. She's posed questions to some of Hollywood's top celebrities on the red carpet, but Giuliana Rancic says one person stands out as being her most awkward interview - Russell Crowe.

The E! co host has spoken to hundreds, if not thousand of stars, but she did not hesitate to name the 49-year-old Noah actor as her worst experience.

The 39-year-old told was appearing on Bravo channel's Watch What Happens Live, on Wednesday, and she told presenter Andy Cohen: 'Russell Crowe was so mean to me. I had been at E! for a year and I thought: "I'm going to go easy because he's pretty tough."

'And so I said: "Are you excited to be here? Your big movie premiere," And he goes: "I'm contractually obligated to be here. What's your next question?"'

Rancic continued: 'And I go: "OK, um, isn't it so wonderful to see all the fans?" And he goes: "That's your second question?" And then he goes: "One, two, you're through' and walked away."'

However, despite the the awkward encounter, it didn't put the Giuliana off and she must have perfected her technique because she went on to meet her future husband Bill Rancic when she interviewed him.

The Apprentice winner later asked the E! co-host out in the car park and they ended up tying the knot.

Bill, 42, said it was love at first sight when he met Giuliana: 'When we first met, I think we knew there was something special. On our second date - this is what we tell people -- we were making plans
for six to seven months in advance, which I had never done in my life before.'

He proposed in a helicopter in Chicago and the pair got married in 2007.

They have faced struggles in their relationship - Giuliana was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2011 but battled the disease.

She has spoken openly about the support she received from her husband saying: 'Bill was everything. My husband was everything throughout the process—from getting diagnosed till today.
'And I don't know how I would have done it without him, I really don't.'

The couple also had a long journey to have a child which was documented on their reality show - Giuliana and Bill.

After failed attempts at IVF, they had a baby by surrogate and are now parents 19-month-old son Duke.

They revealed last year they hoped to have more children and were seen asking French born Delphine if she would consider carrying another child for them on the season finale of the program.