Traffic Exchange

May 13, 2013

Castro Brothers Knew Nothing: [VIDEO] Ohio kidnapper's cleared brothers speak out

Brothers Knew Nothing: Ohio kidnapper's cleared brothers speak out

The brothers of Cleveland kidnapping suspect Ariel Castro have spoken out for the first time, saying that they would have turned him in if they knew three women were being held prisoner in his home.

The brothers, who were arrested along with Ariel Castro, say that since their release from prison, they have been faced with online death threats, a break-in at one of their homes, and vandalism.

They were released several days after their arrest due to lack of evidence linking them to the crimes.

  

When asked by CNN reporter Martin Savidge if the public would always suspect they had a role in the kidnappings, they answered 'yes' in unison.

Onil Castro said: 'The people out there who know me, they know that Onil Castro is not that person, has nothing to do with that - would never even think of something like that. I was a very liked person [before the arrest], never had any enemies.

'[There is] no reason for anybody to think that I would ever do something like that. It was a shock to all my friends. They couldn’t believe it.'

Pedro Castro added: 'I couldn’t never think of doing anything like that. If I knew that my brother was doing this, in a minute I would have called the cops; cause that ain’t right. But yeah, it’s going to haunt me down. Cause people are going to think Pedro had something to do with this and pedro don’t have anything to  do this.

Read more: MailOnline