Traffic Exchange

Mar 9, 2013

Lisa Ling Baby Girl

Lisa Ling Baby Girl, She has long been one of the country's most popular journalists.

So no doubt Lisa Ling will be getting plenty of congratulatory cards after giving birth for the first time at the age of 39.

The Our America host and her husband Paul Song welcomed daughter Jett Ling into the world on at 1.24pm on Friday in Los Angeles, and she tipped the scales at six pounds, six ounces.

She told Us Magazine: 'We feel so blessed that this day has arrived.

'We're nervously excited to begin this next chapter in our lives with our little Jett.'

The moment was extra special for the couple of five years, as Lisa suffered a devastating miscarriage in 2010.

The overjoyed TV personality first revealed her pregnancy to Anderson Cooper in October.

She said: 'I was trying to keep [my pregnancy] quiet for a long time, but I'm starting to get to the point where it looks like I have this really big beer belly.

'I figured I'd better share it publicly."

Lisa and Paul, who is an oncology doctor, later revealed their excitement at putting the finishing touches to a environmentally friendly nursery.

She said: 'We're doing a partial green nursery and trying as hard as we can to do as much organic stuff for our nursery as we can.'

But the expectant parents were not convinced they had the stomach to go entirely eco-friendly,

She said: 'I don't know that I'm going to entirely do cloth diapers.

'I'd like to be be ambitious about it, but in all honesty I can't say that I will.'

The former View co-host had previously revealed she felt like an 'incredible failure' after learning her baby had died after two months of pregnancy.
She said: 'I just felt like such an incredible failure and I felt so alone when it happened.

'I wasn't ready to tell any of my friends about it. I jumped online, I started pouring through blogs.

'Once I did start talking to friends, I realised that it's so pervasive. Almost every one of my friends has had one at one time or another but nobody talks about it.'

She had managed to fall pregnant soon after starting to try for a baby, but a scan revealed the baby had no heartbeat.

Lisa said: 'We actually [hadn't] been trying that long. I don't know that I took it as seriously as I should have because it happened so fast.

'But then when I heard the doctor say there was no heartbeat it was like bam, like a knife through the heart.'