Traffic Exchange

Mar 14, 2013

24 Movie Rumors

24 Movie Rumors, Director Antoine Fuqua says Kiefer Sutherland and FOX couldn't come to terms.

Antoine Fuqua, of "Training Day" fame, was supposed to direct the flick but told Indiewire, "I don't think it's gonna happen at all, definitely not with me. I met with Kiefer (Sutherland). Fox wanted to do it. It was a matter of his schedule before he went off to do his new show ('Touch')."

"I don't think he was able to get a proper agreement with FOX," Fuqua said. According to various reports, Sutherland wanted more money than FOX was willing to pay. "The time just passed, and I went off to go to what I was doing."

Rumors that there was a "24" movie in the making have been swirling around ever since the eight-season hit came to an end in 2010. Sutherland even said the movie could be shot while he was on a break from "Touch." But based on Fuqua's comments, such aspirations are a thing of the past.