Traffic Exchange

Aug 29, 2012

Tom Hanks Wasted

Tom Hanks Wasted - Tom Hanks is well known for playing good guys in the movies.

And it seems the Apollo 13 actor's real-life persona is not so different.

In photos that have drawn nearly a million views since being posted on Sunday, Hanks plays along as a fan in a North Dakota restaurant pretends to steal his glasses, slump against him, then pass out drunk into a pizza.

The photos, posted to imgur.com, show a seemingly intoxicated male fan slumped up against the Academy Award-winning actor.

With pizza and beer on the table in front of them, the young man leans against Hanks while wearing the actor's thick rimmed prescription glasses askew on this face.

In two of the photos, Hanks does his best 'wasted' face as his fan slumps first against the actor, then face-down into the pizza.

And in a third photo, the 56-year-old A-lister points at his 'drunk' fan while laughing hysterically.

'My friend met Tom Hanks, stole his glasses and pretended to be wasted,' reads the headline of a post on Reddit linking to the images, which have been viewed more than 974,000 times.

No location was given by the author of the post, but Tom Hanks' Twitter feed shows the Forrest Gump actor has been on vacation in Fargo, North Dakota, with his wife Rita Wilson.

The two were spotted at a West Fargo diner the Saturday before last.

The photos have sparked a torrent of response from other Hanks fans across the country.

'Wow, those made me smile,' wrote one fan on Reddit.

'I think I met him when I was about 13 at Typhoon Lagoon... we were on some lazy river tube thing and I looked over and said "you look familiar".

'The guy goes "Oh yeah? Who do I look like?" Dumb me... "Uh...Tom....Tom something...Tom... Cruise?" The guy let out the biggest Tom Hanks movie laugh.'

Another fan wrote: 'I met Tom Hanks about 15 years ago at Disneyland. I was waiting after getting off Thunder Mountain Railroad and he walked up and I introduced myself and just mentioned that I really liked his movies. He shook my hand and was very appreciative. Really nice guy.'

Pre-production has begun on Hanks' next major movie project, Saving Mr. Banks.

The popular actor will play the late movie studio legend Walt Disney, in a movie about how the popular Disney film Mary Poppins came to be.

The movie, slated for release in 2014, also stars Colin Farrell, Emma Thompson and Paul Giamatti.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2194470/Tom-Hanks-wasted-fan-photos-viral.html#ixzz24xnfIsGA