Traffic Exchange

Aug 11, 2012

Leryn Franco Hottest Olympian [PHOTOS & VIDEO]


Leryn Franco Hottest Olympian [PHOTOS & VIDEO] - Leryn Dahiana Franco Steneri (born 1 March 1982 in AsunciĆ³n) is a Paraguayan model and athlete. She specializes in the javelin throw and became an Internet sensation during the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Her personal best throw is 57.77 metres, achieved in June 2012 in Barquisimeto. She is perhaps more famous for her beauty and modeling than athletic ability and has appeared, most notably, in the 2011 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition.

Franco was Yahoo’s second-most searched Olympian, trailing only Michael Phelps, at the 2008 Beijing Games and was voted the most attractive competitor by several men’s magazines. She managed just a 51st place finish in Beijing. Despite improving her performances over the last four years, she’s still not expected to finish in the top 20.

“My situation is different from most of the other javelin throwers,” Franco said. “I am not just an athlete. I have to be honest, my career is really in the media.

“If people open a magazine, they can see me there. Modeling and fashion is my job, too. It takes up much of my time and enables me to make money. It is flattering to me that people find me good-looking and enjoy seeing me wearing good fashion items.”