Traffic Exchange

Jun 13, 2011

how to get fit fast

how to get fit fast
how to get fit fast. The words get fit fast can sound like a gimmick—I know. But rest assured I will tell you step by step what you can do starting right now to begin losing your last or first 10 pounds.

climbing gymLast August as I was in the middle of my training for my second half marathon I accidentally fell off a step. As I did this, I heard my foot crunch and then felt the excruciating pain to go with the loud sound. I was so mad at myself. I had torn a ligament in my foot and was told I could do nothing, which included running and my other exercise (at least lower body) for quite awhile.

This was extremely frustrating to me. Not only could I not do my half marathon, but also I had a very difficult time running my personal training business. So from August until the end of March I had gained 10 pounds. It sort of crept up on me. I didn’t really notice it at all. I mean I definitely didn’t “feel” as good, but I didn’t think I had actually put on 10 pounds!

After waiting for an MRI for over three months I will actually be getting the results later this week, which will hopefully rule out a stress fracture. I have decided that if I’m going to lose the 10 pounds I’m going to have to literally work it off.

Step 1: Get a journal
This will become very important. We have a great nutrition and training journal at the studio or you can simply use a notebook or print out our free food journal. Which ever you choose, it will become very important for you and your goal to get fit fast.

You will right down everything you eat and drink all day, everyday. We often underestimate the number of calories we consume. This takes out all the guesswork. Don’t cheat yourself. Be honest, because in the end you’ll only be lying to yourself.

Step 2: Exercise
how to do a lungeTo get fit fast, you need to burn more calories than you consume, plain and simple. The easiest way to burn more calories is to exercise. What are the best exercises for burning fat? Weight training. Don’t be shy; pick up those weights, your body will thank you for it. The best types of exercises are compound movements. These are movements that use more than one muscle group at a time. Ex. Lunges, or squats with a shoulder press. They use lots of muscles and therefore burn lots of calories.

Even though weights are superior for losing weight and increasing muscle, you still need to burn fat, which means cardio. Interval training is your best bet. It is the most time efficient and you continue to burn calories for up to 38 hours after your workout. Now that’s what I call turning your body into a fat burning machine!!

Step 3: No Excuses
I have to admit, what I hear the most of is Step 3. Everyone has a reason why they can’t lose the 10 pounds. If you want to get fit fast, then you must leave the excuses out.

getting fitEveryone is busy, no one has extra time, we all have functions we must attend, but then we all have the same 24 hours in each day. How we choose to use those hours can differ greatly.
I’ve had people say to me that it must be easy to exercise, or lose or maintain my weight since I do it all the time. True, I’m always training and working on my business, but I have to make the time just like everyone else. If I don’t my time can easily get taken up doing something else.

The key is if you want results, you’ve got to make it happen. You don’t need to dedicate many hours anymore. 20-30 minutes a day, that’s it. I know you all have 20-30 minutes everyday or at least 4 days a week.


To get fit fast follow the 3 steps and take charge of you. You can get so much done in very little time.

After beginning my own personal goal of losing the 10 pounds, after the first two weeks, I lost 5lbs, 2 inches off my waist and 1 inch off my hips. Was it easy? No, but I stuck to it and am still sticking with it. It can happen quickly. Just stay focused and you will get those 10 pounds off in no time.

Want a guaranteed way to get fit fast? Join the others who have seen fantastic results by calling me at (905) 630-4386 or contact me here to get started with the top Personal Training in Burlington! We'd love to show you how to get fit in as short a time as possible!