Traffic Exchange

May 17, 2011

Orlando Bloom Peed In Bottle

Orlando Bloom Peed In Bottle
Sometimes when celebrities overshare about their personal lives, it can be charming or endearing: a pet name for their spouse, an odd detail about their “getting ready for bed” routine, etc. But other times it’s just… weird.

Such is the case with supermodel Miranda Kerr’s reveal on “Conan” earlier this week that, during her delivery of son Flynn in January, she forced husband Orlando Bloom to remain in the room with her for the entire 27-hour labor.

“He was there every moment by my side, I never even let him go to the bathroom,” she said. “He had to pee in a bottle.”

Alright then!

We can sort of understand why she might have been so militant about this considering the excrutiating labor she endured.

“I had made my mind up that I was going to have a natural birth,” Kerr said, “Then the doctors said ‘Ok, you’re going to have to be induced because there’s not enough fluid for the baby,’ so I was induced. And then, it was 27 hours later with not one drop [of pain medication] because I’d been determined I’d do it… And let me tell you, my baby was almost ten pounds.”

Meanwhile, though it may seem like models lose their baby weight magically, as if they press some secret supermodel button and they’re back to how they looked before, Kerr says she actually had to work to get back in shape.

“I practiced yoga throughout my whole pregnancy and I eat really healthily and I just continued that, really. I have been working out. I’ve been doing resistance training and some good squats, sit-ups and all that stuff.”

Eh, we like our Supermodel Button explanation better.