Traffic Exchange

Nov 7, 2011

Alanis Morissette Dual Citizenship


Alanis Morissette Dual Citizenship, Before she was an angry rocker in the U.S. (and a citizen here as well), Alanis Morissette was a far more chipper-seeming child star in her native country. Today, she's calmer overall and a global star, but she still has citizenship in the U.S. and this other country.

Canadian Alanis Morissette is now an American citizen. “I will never renounce my Canadian citizenship,” Morissette said in a statement Wednesday. “I consider myself a Canadian-American.


“There was a turning point during the ceremony where I felt connected to this country in a way that I didn’t quite expect,” she said. “America has been really great to me and I have felt welcomed since the day I came here.”

Morissette’s songs include “Ironic” and “You Oughta Know.”