Traffic Exchange

Jul 18, 2013

Ne-Yo tells TMZ that he was married at 19

Ne-Yo tells TMZ that he was married at 19, TMZ lands a major scoop from singer-songwriter-music executive Ne-Yo — he tells them he was marred when he was 19!

So who was this girl? No idea, and he actually barely remembered that he was even married in the first place. We’re guessing TMZ only asked him about his marital status because of all of the rumors that he and his fiancee (and mother of his two children) Monyetta Shaw have actually already jumped the broom.


“It wasn’t even for like a year so we got an annulment. Yeah. I was married. I was 19 years old,” he says as he’s leaving the Supperclub in L.A.. Then the TMZ interviewer asked if this was common knowledge and why no one has ever reported this, to which Ne-Yo says “Nobody ever really asked! You’re honestly the first person who’s ever asked!”

So why did they get the annulment?

“I wanted to do this and she didn’t want me to do this, and this is honestly the only thing I’ve ever loved,” he said. “And now I’m here and I don’t know where she is!”

Still, the question remains: when are Ne-Yo and Monyetta getting married? And are we all invited?