Traffic Exchange

Jul 20, 2013

Conjuring star Livingston fatherhood

Conjuring star Livingston fatherhood, Ron Livingston has said becoming a father is "the best thing in the world".

The Conjuring star and his actress wife Rosemarie DeWitt recently revealed they had adopted baby daughter Gracie, who was born in April.

Ron revealed: "It's the best thing ever. It's my favourite thing in all the world."

The 46-year-old actor insists he is a hands-on dad, sharing parenting duties with Mad Men star Rosemarie.

He said: "We're both in there, in the thick of it. I wouldn't miss a minute of it."

In scary movie The Conjuring, Ron plays father Roger Perron, whose family call in paranormal investigators when they find their old farmhouse invaded by a demonic presence.

The film is based on a true story and Ron admitted he had to be careful shooting in the spooky old house as he has a phobia of spider webs.

He revealed: "It's funny, I used to be afraid of spiders, I'm not really afraid of spiders any more, but I'm still afraid of spider webs. If I walk through a spider web I jump around like an idiot, but the spiders themselves don't bother me, I don't know why that is. I think it's because I lived in a house that had a lot of spiders and I made friends with them!"

The actor also revealed he will be appearing in the new series of hit show Boardwalk Empire.

He said: "I play Roy Phillips who is a businessman who comes to town and strikes up an acquaintance with Gillian Darmody [Gretchen Mol's character]."