Traffic Exchange

Jul 14, 2013

Adam Sandler Attacked By Cheetah In Africa

Adam Sandler Attacked By Cheetah In Africa
Hollywood actor Adam Sandler has told a US chat show how he was pounced on by a cheetah while on safari in Africa.

The Happy Gilmore star was on a family holiday when he was invited to go into an enclosure with some rescued animals.

But on David Letterman's show he described how it soon went a bit wrong - and he had brought a video of the incident with him.

Sandler said the keepers had told him he could feed the cheetah water with his hands, but the footage soon shows that the animal had other ideas.

As the actor bends down next to a small pond, the adult cheetah goes behind him and leaps on to his back.

Sandler attempts to stand up while the keeper rushes to get the cat off. The animal finally moves away, but not before appearing to get its claws into Sandler's back and arm.

Watching the film Letterman said: "You were remarkably composed."

But the star said he wasn't as cool as he looked, explaining: "I swear to God when he jumped on me all I was going to do was let him eat me.

"There was not one part of me that was going to fight back. I was like 'All right this is how I'm going to go'."

Sandler, who wasn't injured, said that after the incident the keepers said people are not advised to bend down low near the cats.

Letterman said: "That's the kind of thing you would expect from Jim Carrey, I'm surprised they let you in there."