Traffic Exchange

Jun 20, 2013

Shawty Lo eleven children with ten different women

Shawty Lo eleven children with ten different women
Shawty Lo eleven children with ten different women, Shawty Lo defends All My Babies’ Mamas. He says selling drugs and money-hungry women resulted in 11 kids by 10 different women – and it isn’t his fault.

All My Babies’ Mamas star Shawty Lo defends his 11 kids by 10 different women and his new Oxygen reality television show. In case you haven’t heard, All My Babies’ Mamas is an actual reality show that focuses on the inherent drama of being Shawty Lo: living in a house with 10 women who are all Lo’s “baby mamas” – a term used to describe the relationship between a man and a woman who have a child together but are no longer romantically involved. Lo has 11 children by 10 baby mamas, in addition to a 19-year-old girlfriend whom all the baby mamas seem to dislike, at least according to the show’s preview.

Shawty Lo defends All My Babies’ Mamas and spoke exclusively to MTV News about his upcoming reality show. “You can hate all you want to, I didn’t ask for it. It just happened. Now that it happened, I’m supposed to turn my back against it?” he said. “If I wasn’t taking care of my kids then you would really dog me out, but I’m taking care of my kids, providing for my family. I don’t know what else to say.” (Note: The website Celebrity Net Worth states Shawty Lo’s net worth is likely around the $2 million range, although we cannot verify Celebrity Net Worth’s sources or calculations.)

The controversy surrounding All My Babies’ Mamas isn’t from Shawty Lo skipping out on his fatherly responsibilities. The issue many people have with the show is that Shawty Lo and all his babies’ mamas seem so undisturbed by the potentially dysfunctional and perhaps even reckless disregard for child and family development. We applaud Shawty Lo for providing the means for his family to survive and live financially well, but he misses the point. All My Babies’ Mamas showcases petty drama and an indifference to commitment and stability – while attempting to glamorize having 11 kids by 10 different women – all because Shawty Lo is a local celebrity.

Shawty Lo’s baby mama situation might be a product of his rough childhood. In remembering his youth, he says, “I came to be one of the largest drug dealers to come from Atlanta, Bankhead area and I started havin’ kids. When the money came, a lot of women came,” said Shawty Lo. “Once you feel like a girl was your girlfriend or whatever, the rubber probably came off.” He continued, “They wouldn’t have an abortion. They used to take the money and run with it, and they’d have a baby by the most popular guy in the street, and that’s how I had all them kids.”

I think I’m going to start a petition to change the three “Rs” kids learn in school to reading, writing, and responsibility because there seems to be a rather large dearth of the latter going around.

Bringing up (several) yesterday’s news, rapper Shawty Lo recently sat down for an exclusive with Sister 2 Sister magazine, and it’s clear from the interview the 37-year-old is still a little salty he’s not going to be a reality star. We’re sure you remember the controversy that was “All My Baby Mamas.” If not, here’s the gist: Oxygen planned to air a reality TV show about Shawty Lo and the 10 women who fathered his 11 children, black folks went crazy and petitioned for the show to never see the light of day, Oxygen buckled under pressure, Shawty Lo started his own petition to bring the show back and has been crying, whining, and begging ever since.

In his latest interview with S2S, the misguided Atlanta rapper, unless we’re talking about his little troopers’ sense of direction up the birth canal, seems to think the concept of his show — remember 11 kids, 10 baby mamas — wasn’t the real problem. It was simply the title of the show. He told publisher Jamie Foster Brown:

“I really feel like the name that Oxygen came up with, ‘All My Babies’ Mamas,’ was dumb from the beginning when I heard that name. It was just the name of the reality show [that turned people off]”

Sorry, Shawty but I have to respectfully disagree. “All My Baby Mamas” was just the icing on that ratchet cake. The show could have been called “Shawty and ‘Dem Plus 10? or “11 and counting” like the names some of these other large family reality shows go by and that still wouldn’t change the basic premise or the core objection people had. Nobody, except him and Oxygen, wants to see a black man on TV with 11 kids by 10 different women, dating a woman who is nearly the same age as some of his oldest kids, who was speculated to be pregnant with his twelfth child. Nobody!

When all was said and done at S2S, Shawty had the nerve to tell Jamie, “”A show don’t make my life or break my life. It is what it is,” but he’s sure acting like it. When he started his petition to save the show, his argument was, “would you rather see 11 children struggle with mothers on welfare? Or watch a man support his children? Does it come down to the race card?”

Yes, it does come down to the race card. We see enough of this nonsense in our community on the news, we certainly don’t need a reality show about it. Check out video of his interview below. Thoughts?