Traffic Exchange

Jun 12, 2013

Robert Downey Jr. 50 million Iron Man 3

Robert Downey Jr. 50 million Iron Man 3, He recently confirmed that he pocketed a whopping $50million to reprise his role as Tony Stark in the blockbuster Iron Man 3.

But that doesn't mean that Robert Downey Jr won't take on extra work for the cash.

Away from the staggering sets and special effects of his movie career, the 48-year-old actor has been spotted filming a commercial in Miami, Florida, involving a yacht covered in tin foil.

The product of the mystery advert has been kept under wraps, although Robert appears to be endorsing the household product tin foil.

It will be a nice little earner for the actor who has an estimated wealth of $85 million dollars.

Talking about the astonishing sum he was paid for Iron Man 3, Robert confirmed earlier this month: 'Isn't that crazy?'

'[The producers are] so p***ed. I can't believe it. I'm what's known as a 'strategic cost''.

'You have a little bit of dough and can manage everything. You have a little bit more dough, and you reach out toward the boundaries of where you think you can go, and the wind blows the wrong way and you're f****ed for five years,' he told GQ Magazine.

But it seems now there's no stopping Robert and his ever-expanding bank balance.

Robert was recently announced as the voice-over for a series new adverts for Nissan, described as a celebration of their 'innovative' products.

 The Oscar-nominated actor hasn't shied away from lending his talents to other advertisements in the past either.

In 2012, Robert was named as the new voice of Planter's icon 'Mr. Peanut' in a series of adverts by Kraft Foods.

It's hard to believe that Robert would be inclined to participate in the endorsements, given his hefty sum for his day job.

The Iron Man franchise currently reigns supreme over other superheroes in the cinema, with a $175.3 million domestic opening.

But Robert recently poured doubt over his future playing Tony Stark in an interview with Empire Magazine.

He said: 'I feel that the first time I played Tony, I did it best. Sorry! The affinity with Tony now is: How do you sustain something?'

'I'm not stupid, I like to play ball, I love the company, I love the character, and the business side of things, I'm not too picky about that either.'

He added: 'Let’s see what happens. I take the audience very seriously – I feel bad when I see folks doing movies and the audience is like, ‘Don’t do that anymore.’ I don’t have to overstay my welcome…'

If Robert does to decline to don his Iron suit once again, at least he'll have his endorsements to fall back on.